Integrity Senior Housing Management is on the search for a Dietary Servers / Aides with excellent customer service skills in our new dining services program at Oak Ridge Place in Stillwater, an 83 unit Independent & Assisted Living community. Work for a small company serving people 55 plus, partnering in their health in serving nutritious, home-style meals.
To provide customer focused, dietary services to the Oak Ridge Family, in accordance with policies/procedures.
Provide assistance to tenants, including:
- Offer beverages as the tenants are seated.
- Serves meals in courses on time and in a pleasant helpful manner.
Maintain a clean, neat, orderly environment:
- dining room
- common areas
- Laundry room when staff uses
- dish washing
- clearing tables
- washing tables
- resetting tables
- restocking supplies
- cleaning areas designated in kitchen
- assisting tenants
Promote adequate nutrition and hydration for residents:
- Maintain an environment conducive to the dining experience.
- Serve meal.
- Assist with set-up as necessary.
- Inform nurse about changes in resident’s food/fluid intake, ability to feed self, ability to eat food of a particular consistency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety rules, including Tornado and Fire Plans.
- Be observant of safety hazards, and either correct them or report them for correction/repair.
- Report accidents/incidents to the nurse.
- Follow Standard Precautions and other infection control protocols.
- Address tenants by their names, fostering respect and dignity.
- Use terminology, manner of speech, and non-verbal techniques appropriate for the individual tenant.
- Listen effectively to the tenant.
- Speak clearly and concisely.
- Maintain a calm and pleasant manner when communicating with tenants.
- Report tenant/visitor complaints/concerns to the residence director or HHA/Nurse.
- Respond to tenant/visitor with a concerned, caring manner.
Maintain confidentiality/privacy of tenant:
- Respect confidentiality of tenant information.
- Discuss resident information only with appropriate staff.
- Do not discuss tenant information in the employee break room, elevator, or outside the facility.
Good physical and mental health, including visual and auditory acuity. Demonstrated verbal communication skills, in English. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must pass a criminal background check consistent with the requirements of the Kari Koskinen Manager Background Check Act.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education. No experience required, will train.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short communication. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers, tenants and other employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be punctual, attendance satisfactory; provide proper notice of tardiness or absences.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Must follow building dress code; maintain good personal hygiene and grooming.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable; use a calm, kind tone of voice with tenants, staff and family members.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate toward the elderly, and work with tact and ethical awareness, ensure personal tenant information is kept confidential.
- Must work as a team member. Is willing to help others, assist with maintaining a clean work and storage area.
- Must maintain a positive attitude.
- Must respond appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and emergency situations.
- Must follow safety rules and regulations.
- Report injuries/accidents to supervisor immediately per building procedures.
- Lifting weights of 25 pounds or more
To be considered for employment, please complete our online employment application form.